Ben Johnson - Gameplay Programmer/Designer
Thank you for taking the time to view my portfolio page. Below you will find everything you should need. If you have any questions or concerns, email me at email@example.com
- Resume.doc - This is my formatted resume in .doc form
- Resume.txt - This is my resume in text form
- Johnny Origin and The Basis Vectors Prototype - Currently in development. This is the first playable prototype. Player has to use the ability to rotate the world to navigate an Escher-like environment and solve the puzzles within it. NOTE: you must have Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 SP1 installed on your machine to run this debug build.
- Basic OpenGL FPS Engine - This is the code and executable for a basic first person camera and graphics engine I wrote using OpenGL and GLUT. It reads in model and texture coordinate data from a custom .jmd file and the texture is procedurally generated. This was a personal project I did over this past summer.
- Fury's Vengeance Setup - This is the setup program for Fury's Vengeance, a 2D side-scrolling action game. I did this with my Sophomore team of myself and 2 others.
- Fury Demo Code.zip - This contains code for an enemy and a boss AI I wrote, as well as the scoreboard system we used.
- Breakout.zip - This contains a version of Breakout I wrote using DirectX sprites and Direct Sound. It also contains Breakout.cpp and Breakout.h which demonstrate my collision detection and graphics code.
- IslandMadness.zip - This contains the executable and data for my freshman team game. It also contains IM Demo.c which is my code demo for this project.
- SCX.zip - This is a text based game written in c++ that I wrote several years ago on my own. Included are the executable and display files as well as a readme and all source code for the project.
- TemplateList.zip - Included is a templatized doubly linked list written for a project as well as a couple of lists that inherit from it and a demo-sample.cpp to demonstrate how these were used for the given assignment. There is also an executable included the shows the list at work based on the demo cpp.
- Sphere.zip - This is a command line program that creates a sphere model file (.ifs) given the number of stacks and slices of the sphere and the sphere radius. It is an exercise in using 3D spherical coordinates and 3D camera manipulation.
- JavaCode.zip - This contains two .java files which demonstrate an application and an applet I had written in Java several years ago.
- Presentations.zip - Included here are 2 presentations. The first is a presentation I had to give on my Hunter game and the benefits of using the Torque Game Engine. The second is a presentation I gave on a small research project I did on multi-threading and thread level parallelism
- Hunter.zip - This is a 3D FPS I created using the Torque Game Engine and sample game provided. It contains all the files necessary for the game. My work on this is detailed in my resume.
- Game_GDDs.zip - Included here are the GDDs I have written for the past two years' game projects which demonstrate my abilities to write up a GDD and think out the game design in advance.
- Game_Concepts.zip - This contains the rough design layouts I have done for several video game ideas I have had, as well as a card game I have designed and implemented mysefl, which you can find below.
- Crisis in 4D!!!! - This is a card game that requires three players and a deck of standard playing cards. 3 alternate dimensions have opened up and, if you and the others dont close them up, in ten days the universe will collaps in a time crash! Players can either work together to acheive victory or kill each other off one by one by collapsing the dimensions with the players inside. Average play time: 15-30 mins.
- Hummer_Model.zip - This is a humvee model that I created in 3D Studio MAX 9 for a class. All the textures were provided by the instructot and it was my responsability to create the model and apply the different textures. The end result is a "realistic" humvee that demonstrates my skill using 3D Studio.
- Models+Textures.zip - Contained here are 2 .obj and 2 .png files for models and textures I did for the gun and player of my game Hunter. The latter ended up not getting used in-game.
This page and all of the linked materials are Copyright 2008 DigiPen (USA) Corp.